Integrative Yoga Therapy
alternative form of therapy in diseases such as asthma, diabetes, blood pressure, arthritis,
digestive disorders etc. From the physical body, yoga moves on mental and emotional
The scientific results show that Asanas, Pranayamas, Mudras, Bandhas are a means to
restore and maintain physical and mental health. ’Yoga is a process of gaining control over
mind’. Yoga is becoming popular in all parts of the world. For the restless mind it gives
comfort. For the sick it is very beneficial. For the common people it is the means to keep
them fit and stress free. The Memory, Creativity and Intelligence can be developed by doing
Yoga in its entirety is very beneficial at a Physical level, Mental level, Emotional level and
In yoga there are various postures, they are as follows,
- Suryanamaskara: It is beneficial to overall body and mental health.
- Tadasana(Ankle Stretch Posture): It stretches the ankles.
- Vrikshasana(Tree Posture): Balance of the body maintained. Vertebral column and all the joints and major muscles of the body gets benefited.
- Utkatasana(Chair Posture): Upper and lower extremities get more strength. Pelvic organs, Vertebral column get more strength.
- Ugrasana(Upavishta Konasana): This gives an extended stretch to the inside of the legs and the muscles under and between the shoulder blades.The chest gets more open.
- Pada Hastasana (Forward Bending Posture): This asana massages and tones the digestive organs, alleviates flatulence, constipation and indigestion.
- Ardha Chakrasana(Half Wheel Posture): Makes the spine flexible stimulates the spinal nerves, and blood circulation to the head is increased.
- Ardhakati Chakrasana: Reduces fat in the waist region. Improves function of liver.
- Garudasana(Eagle Pose): It relieves sciatica, rheumatism, and hydrocele.
- Natarajasana(Lord Shiva’s dance): Balances the nervous system and develops the control of the body.
Supine Series of postures
- Uttanpadasana (Legs raising pose): Strengthens the intestines and helps remove
constipation, gas formation, obesity etc.
- Sarvangasana(Shoulder Stand): It activates thyroid gland, strengthens adrenal glands, testicles and ovaries.
- Matsyasana(Fish Pose with Padmasana): Good pose for the stomach. Makes thyroid and parathyroid healthy. Activates intestines.
- Halasana(Plough Pose): Beneficial for weak digestion, gas formation, constipation,spleen and liver enlargement and heart disease.
- Karna Pidasana: Beneficial for ear problems.
- Chakrasana(Wheel Pose): Gives good flexibility to the spine. Stimulates all parts of the body.
- Setubandhasana(Bridge pose): Stretches the spine.Strengthens the arms.
- Pavanmuktasana(Air release pose): Extremely beneficial for gas related problems of the stomach. Also very good for uterus related diseases.
- Naukasana(Boat Pose): Lungs and heart become strong.
Prone Series Of Postures:
- Bhujangasana(Cobra Pose): Gives flexibility to the Spine.
- Poorna Bhujangasana(Full Cobra Pose): Gives flexibility to the Spine.
- Shalabhasana(Locust Pose): Stimulates the whole autonomic nervous system.
- Dhanurasana(Bow Pose): The entire alimentary canal is reconditioned.The liver,
abdominal organs and muscles are massaged.
Sitting Series of Postures:
- Sasankasana(Rabit Pose): Massages the heart automatically, gives strength to
pancreas, intestines, liver and the kidneys.
- Vajrasana(Rock Pose, Diamond Pose): Helps in keeping the mind stable.
- Yoga Mudrasana: Good for stomach related issues.Controlls diabetes.
- Simhagarjanasana(Roaring Lion Pose): Alleviates diseases of throat, nose, ears,
eyes and mouth.
- Supta Vajrasana(Sleeping position in vajrasana): Stretches lower part of stomach,
- Badrasana(Gracious Pose): Excellent meditative pose.
- Marjari-Asana(Cat stretch Pose): Improves flexibility of the neck, shoulders and
- Paschimottanasana(Back stretching pose): Stretches the hamstring muscles and
increases flexibility in the hip joints.
- Janu Sirshasana(Head to Knee pose): It loosens the legs.
- Gomukhasana(Cow face pose): Strengthens the liver, kidney and the chest.
Beneficial for Gynaecological problems.
- Instant Relaxation Technique.
- Quick Relaxation Technique, and
- Deep Relaxation Technique.
For basic, therapy based yoga sessions, inside the comfort of your home, please contact me
and avail the first two sessions absolutely free.